Latitude / Longitude:
40°23′50″N 87°19′48″W / 40.39722°N 87.33000°W / 40.39722 -87.33000
Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
Point Pleasant was a small village (now extinct) in Pine Township, Warren County, Indiana, located about a mile and a half southwest of Rainsville near the confluence of Big Pine Creek and Mud Pine Creek, a site currently known as Rocky Ford.
It was laid out by one John H. Bartlett and platted July 14, 1830, but never grew, and consisted only of Bartlett’s residence, a liquor store and perhaps a saw mill. An 1883 county history describes Point Pleasant, but notes that “this was a paper town only.” Population: 1