Latitude / Longitude:
38°38′29″N 98°57′32″W / 38.64139°N 98.95889°W / 38.64139
1,998 ft (609 m)
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Galatia is a city in Barton County, Kansas, United States.
Settler David C. Barrows founded the community and laid out the town site in 1885. Originally named Four Corners, settler Henry G. Weber renamed it Galatia after his hometown of Galatia, Illinois. The first building constructed was a United Brethren church. A post office was established at Galatia in 1889. The Atchison, Topeka and Santa Fe Railway extended a rail line to Galatia (from Holyrood 31.20 miles away) on July 1, 1919, and the town grew to include three grain elevators, a bank, a lumberyard, and three general stores. By 1921, the had grown to 202. After that, however, the began to decline. The post office closed in 1966.
As of the 2010 census, the city population was 39.