Latitude / Longitude:
1,063 ft (324 m)
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Mildred is a city in Allen County, Kansas, United States. As of the 2010 census, the city population was 28.
Mildred was founded in 1907 by Sam Dermott for the Great Western Cement Company. The city was named for the daughter of J. W. Wagner a local industrialist, and the president of the cement company.
For much of the twentieth century, the city was served by the Missouri–Kansas–Texas Railroad, which maintained a passenger depot in the city, as well as spur lines that served the cement plant and the grain elevator. Cement was shipped all over the world, but the town lost most of its population when the plant closed.