Latitude / Longitude:
37° 48′ 55″ N, 99° 5′ 8″ W
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Trousdale is an unincorporated community in Lincoln Township, Edwards County, Kansas, United States.
It began when a railroad junction was constructed in 1915. It is named for a Newton, Kansas resident who owned land in the vicinity. At its peak it boasted a bank (which closed during the Depression), Trousdale Grade School and High School, several retail establishments, and two grain elevators. A high line was built to the community in 1927 to provide electrical service.
In 2006, the Trousdale Methodist Church, a repair shop/parts store, a grain storage facility, and an unmanned fuel retail outlet are the only businesses in addition to family farming operations that are in Trousdale. But due to the May 4, 2007 tornado, the Methodist Church was destroyed. A new church has been built on the site of the original church.
A post office was opened in Trousdale in 1916, and remained in operation until it was discontinued in 1967.