Latitude / Longitude:
46° 51′ 42 N, 96° 24′ 24 W
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Muskoda is a ghost town in section 7 of Hawley Township in Clay County, Minnesota, United States.
Muskoda received its name from the Ojibwa word Mashkode, which according to Baraga means “a meadow or tract of grassland, a large prairie.” The townsite was originally on a line of the Northern Pacific Railroad until that railroad moved its line to a more gradual grade, leaving Muskoda about one half mile off the new line. The town had a post office from 1873 until 1930, and also at one time had a general store, a grain elevator, and a potato warehouse.
Little trace of the town remains today.