Latitude / Longitude:
38° 8′ 12″ N, 117° 27′ 27″ W
Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)
Miller’s is a ghost town located in Esmeralda County, Nevada. Deserted today, Miller’s sprang up as a mining boomtown after the Tonopah boom began.
Miller’s came to life as a result of the furor in Tonopah. In 1901 the Tonopah and Goldfield Railroad was constructed and by 1904 Miller’s was founded as a station and watering stop along the rail line. The name of the town honors Charles R. Miller, a director of the railroad who was also once the Governor of Delaware. Miller also worked as vice president of the Tonopah Mining Company and played a key role in bringing that company’s 100-stamp cyanide mill built in Miller’s in 1906. In 1907 the railroad company constructed repair shops in Miller’s and another large mill went up. By 1910 Miller’s had a post office, a business district and a population of 274. A year later, in 1911, the railroad shops and mill had moved and the town began a slow decline.
When the railroad went under in 1947 the town of Miller’s followed suit and became a ghost town.