Latitude / Longitude:
46°22′11″N 100°15′30″W / 46.36972°N 100.25833°W / 46.36972
1,939 ft (591 m)
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Temvik is a ghost town in Emmons County, North Dakota, United States. It is situated between Linton and Hazelton, North Dakota.
Temvik Cemetery is located west of the town along U.S. Route 83. Temvik was founded in 1904 as the town of Godkin. It was alternatively known as Brophy after local store owner L.W. Brophy. The town was renamed Larvik in 1908, and after a short-lived dispute with the nearby townsite Templeton (named after the Tempel brothers), was renamed Temvik in 1911 after the two towns merged. Residents originally wanted to name the combined town Union City, but that application was denied by the Postal Service.
The town had a school and several grain elevators early in the twentieth century; all that remains today is a farm.
Temvik operated a post office with the zip code 58574 from 1911 until 1968, when the post office was closed. Mail service is handled through Linton to the south, and Temvik shares Linton’s zip code.