Latitude / Longitude:
35°12′16″N 99°18′26″W / 35.20444°N 99.30722°W / 35.20444 -99.30722
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Port is a small rural community in Washita County, Oklahoma. The community had a post office from February 21, 1901, until February 29, 1940. It was named for a druggist, Mrs. F. M. Port. During the 1930s, the Port consolidated school district covered the largest area in Oklahoma, some ninety square miles.
Prior to settlement, the Western Cattle Trail passed just east of the site. The community lends its name to the Oklahoma state soil, Port Silt Loam.