Latitude / Longitude:
34°30′23″N 95°50′41″W / 34.50639°N 95.84472°W / 34.50639 -95.84472
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Redden was a small town located in northeastern Atoka County, Oklahoma, United States, on State Highway 43, about 13 miles northeast of Stringtown.
The Postal Service established a post office on June 1, 1903, in what was then Atoka County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory. It was named for John A. Redden (1873), a local resident who was appointed the first postmaster. The Statehood Proclamation was signed November 16, 1907. The post office at Redden, Oklahoma, was closed permanently on October 31, 1954.
Much like Daisy, Redden was once a firmly established, thriving community. However, Redden is now little more than a small dot on the map. All that remains of the old town is the Redden Cemetery, fenced and well kept, and the ruins of the schoolhouse standing on the side of the road. Redden is considered a ghost town.