Latitude / Longitude:
45° 26′ 30″ N, 102° 6′ 28″ W
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Coal Springs is an extinct town in Perkins County, in the U.S. state of South Dakota. The GNIS classifies it as a populated place.
Coal Springs was laid out in 1908, and named for the fact the community was located in a coal mining district. A post office called Coal Springs was established in 1909, and remained in operation until 1954.