Latitude / Longitude:
27° 34′ 46″ N, 80° 50′ 5″ W
Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
Osowaw Junction is a ghost town in Okeechobee County, Florida, United States located about 9 miles away from Yeehaw Junction.
In 1914 a train station was built here several miles north of Fort Drum in the Kissimmee Valley Extension line of the Florida East Coast Railroad. The town’s name comes from the Seminole word for “bird”. The town was a citrus town with tangerine and orange groves.
The town had a stable growing population and by 1921 the town got a public school. The town vanished when the rail line was abandoned.