Latitude / Longitude:
34° 12′ 46 N, 85° 20′ 55 W
Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
Livingston is the site of an old Indian village in Floyd County, Georgia, United States. The place was supposedly visited by Hernando de Soto, and evidence of his (or Tristán de Luna y Arellano’s) visit was found near McGee Bend on the Coosa River.
An early missionary station existed there, and the city retained the name “Missionary Station” on many maps. It was the first county seat of Floyd County in 1833. It was replaced by Rome as county seat the following year.
The location of the town is near Coosa on Georgia Route 20. Some buildings remain in Livingston, but it is now a ghost town.