Latitude / Longitude:
30° 5′ 7.76″ N, 83° 39′ 17.54″ W
Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
Hampton Springs is located four miles from the town of Perry in Taylor County, Florida, United States.
It was once the site of the famous “Hampton Springs Hotel or Club” which burned down in 1954. Once labeled “Dixie’s Famous Spa”. The hotel was very popular in the early 1900s, when Taylor County boomed due to the intersection of several railroads.
The hotel was visited by Theodore Roosevelt, and even royalty from the far east. They came to swim in the sulphur swimming pool that fed from a spring adjacent to the creek (created by the junction of Spring Creek and Rocky Creek) which fed into the Fenholloway River downstream. The ruins of the hotel, including the swimming pool, pathways, and a goldfish pond still remain.
Taylor County is in the process of renovating the site as a state park. Picnic tables, a walking bridge over the river, parking, and fencing have been added so far.