Latitude / Longitude:
36°22′18″N 96°35′47″W / 36.37167°N 96.59639°W / 36.37167
810 ft (247 m)
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Blackburn is a town in Pawnee County, Oklahoma, United States. The population was 108 at the 2010 census, up 5.9 percent from 102 at the 2000 census. It is 12 miles (19 km) east of the city of Pawnee.
Located on the south side of the Arkansas River at a natural ford, the community of Blackburn developed after the opening of the Cherokee Outlet on September 16, 1893. It was named for Kentucky Senator Joseph C. S. Blackburn. A post office was established December 15, 1893. Because it was located in Oklahoma Territory, Blackburn was a “whiskey town” that bordered Indian Territory until statehood in 1907. The town was incorporated April 21, 1909.