Latitude / Longitude:
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Arvonia was settled in 1869, by a company of Welsh people who had formed a colony, with J. Mather Jones as their leader. When the town was started, it was hoped that railroad tracks would be laid along the Marais des Cygnes valley. This failed to happen and the community withered.
Once upon a time it had three stores, one hotel, one blacksmith and wagon shop, a post-office, two churches and a schoolhouse. Today, Arvonia is reduced to a few homes and the beautiful stone school.