Latitude / Longitude:
39°02′45″N 99°01′50″W / 39.04583°N 99.03056°W / 39.04583
1,686 ft (514 m)
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Fairport is an unincorporated community in Paradise Township, Russell County, Kansas, United States. It is located about 12 miles north of Gorham near the west county line and next the Saline River.
In 1879, Knight & Bradshaw built Fairport Mills, a steam and water-powered flour mill, at a site on the Saline River northwest of Russell, Kansas. A rural post office had opened near the site in October 1878 under the name Clarkson, but changed its name to Fairport in 1881. The village of Fairport grew up around the mill and, by 1910, had local trade and a population of 75. The post office closed in 1959.