Latitude / Longitude:
39° 53′ 10″ N, 97° 55′ 56″ W
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
White Rock, Kansas was a settlement in Republic County, Kansas.
Several attempts were made to settle the , but it wasn’t until 1866 when Thomas Lovewell settled the town permanently. White Rock was formally laid out in 1871 and school began to be taught that same year. It was considered a desirable location because of its land qualities.
The town was located on the west side of the Republican River in the White Rock township about 14 miles northwest of Belleville. It was the first settlement in the county west of the Republican River. In 1873 there were 3 general stores, a sawmill, a corn mill and a hotel. As of 1912, there were no businesses and only about 30 people that resided in the location.