Latitude / Longitude:
1,145 ft (349 m)
Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
Harrietta is a village in Wexford of the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 143 at the 2010 census. The village is on the boundary between Slagle Township on the west and Boon Township on the east, with about half of the village in each.
Harrietta was first platted by James M. Ashley in 1889. It was incorporated as a village in 1891 with the name of Gaston. It was named Hariette in 1892 and the present spelling was adopted in 1923. Harrietta is a combination of the names of a railroad official, Harry, and that of his wife, Henrietta.
Although the village’s main street has a line of store fronts, Harrietta has no working business, shops, or active buildings besides its post office. In the surrounding area you can find a fish hatchery that has provided some jobs to the local residents. The nearest store is M37 Market, a gas station/convenience store, at the corner of M-37 and South 30 Rd.