Latitude / Longitude:
44° 52′ 40″ N, 85° 46′ 25″ W
Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
Isadore is a small unincorporated community in the southern part of the Centerville township at 44°52’40″N 85°46’25″W. It began when Polish immigrants arrived from Milwaukee, Wisconsin in about 1870 and settled into farming in the area. The first Roman Catholic Church, called “Holy Rosary”, was built in 1883 and a parochial school the following year. Originally called “Four Corners”, the name was changed to honor Saint Isadore, the patron saint of farmers. A post office was established on July 27, 1892 and operated until May 15, 1912.
A new Catholic school was built in 1905, and the current Holy Rosary Catholic Church, a brick structure, was built in 1922. Later, a high school was added, graduating its first class in 1942. The high school operated until 1961. The intersection today consists of the church, school (closed after 101 years of operation at the close of the 1998-1999 school year), a rectory built in 1966, a cemetery, and a couple of houses, surrounded by farmland on rolling hills.