Latitude / Longitude:
44° 37′ 54″ N, 83° 27′ 5″ W
Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
Killmaster is a tiny unincorporated community at 44°37’54″N 83°27’05″W. Originally a lumbering town, little remains other than a cluster of several houses at Mill and Fourth and Fifth streets. It was named after lumberman John H. Killmaster who operated a local sawmill (on “Sawmill” Street which exists today). On December 15, 1885, he became the first postmaster, and the post office remained in operation until February 28, 1911.
Killmaster is memorialized at the nearby Lumberman’s Monument.