Latitude / Longitude:
43° 31′ 20 N, 96° 23′ 54 W
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Bruce was the name of a town in Martin Township, Rock County, in the U.S. state of Minnesota.
Bruce was platted in May 1888, and named for a railroad official. The community had a post office from 1888 until 1936. It had a station of the Illinois Central Railroad. Most of its businesses and residences relocated to the town of Hills when the Sioux City and Northern Railroad extended its line from Sioux City, Iowa to Garretson, South Dakota in 1890, bypassing Bruce. The town gradually faded afterwards. The last buildings were removed in the early 1970s and the Illinois Central tracks were removed in 1982.
The townsite is now abandoned, and no trace remains.