Latitude / Longitude:
33°55′42″N 91°00′02″W / 33.92833°N 91.00056°W / 33.92833
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Victoria is a ghost town in Bolivar County, Mississippi, United States. Victoria was a historic port on the Mississippi River, located south of Lake Concordia, approximately 3.8 mi (6.1 km) west of Gunnison.
A bend in the Mississippi River at the location of the settlement was named “Victoria Bend”, and continues to be called that. Nothing remains of the settlement, as “changes in the river’s course doomed the village to extinction”.
Victoria had mail delivery from 1840 to 1871. A mail route described in official documents in 1841 included—from south to north—the Mississippi River ports of Vicksburg, Nine Mile Reach, Princeton, Egg Point (west of present-day Avon), Bachelor’s Bend (south of Greenville), Bolivar, Victoria, Port Royal, Delta, Commerce, and Memphis. A mail route from Victoria east to Locopolis (now a ghost town west of Cowart) was also documented.
The settlement had a tavern in 1840.