Latitude / Longitude:
39° 33′ 43 N, 83° 57′ 56 W
Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
New Burlington is a former town located in Chester Township in the northwestern corner of Clinton County, Ohio off state route 380. The GNIS classifies it as a populated place. It was acquired by the United States federal government when Caesar Creek was dammed and a reservoir created in the 1970s.
New Burlington was laid out in 1833, and named after Burlington, North Carolina, the native home of a share of the first settlers. A post office called New Burlington was established in 1837, and remained in operation until 1971.
New Burlington was a “station” on the Underground Railroad.