Latitude / Longitude:
34° 28′ 35″ N, 95° 9′ 6″ W
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Nolia is a former community in eastern Pushmataha County, Oklahoma, five miles east of Nashoba, Oklahoma.
A United States Post Office operated here from October 26, 1912 to December 15, 1920. It was named for Nolia Johnson, wife of Ben F. Johnson (1885-1964), its first postmaster. Nolia was located in the scenic Little River valley, and was adjacent to Little River. Oklahoma State Highway 144 passes near the site of the community. Musket Mountain (1,200 ft.) lies to the south, and unnamed elevations of the Kiamichi Mountains lie to its north. The rugged Black Fork Creek valley is also to its north.
Much of the land surrounding Nolia, particularly to its north and south, are part of the massive land holdings of a timber company. Some of the most notable roadways in the region are trails, sometimes known as “highways” known only by alphanumeric numbers, snaking atop mountain ridges. The Pickens Creek Trail, Cloudy-Nashoba Trail, Black Fork Trail and Cripple Mountain Trail are among the nearby major ones. More information on Nolia and the Little River valley may be found in the Pushmataha County Historical Society.