Latitude / Longitude:
35°53′39″N 96°52′15″W / 35.89417°N 96.87083°W / 35.89417
1,030 ft (314 m)
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Parkland is a ghost town in northern Lincoln County, Oklahoma, United States. It is 4 miles (6 km) south of Agra, Oklahoma. Its name was adopted “to describe the character of the townsite”. It still exists as a small community.
The land where Parkland is located was opened to white settlement by the Land Run of 1891 on 28 September of that year. The Parkland Post Office was established some three years later, on 19 December 1894, with McShelly Fishback as the first postmaster. The Parkland Post Office was closed on 15 June 1918.
A tornado on 30 May 1897 demolished several houses of the town, killing two and wounding several. Free lots in the town of Kendrick, Oklahoma were offered to business owners in Parkland if they would move when Kendrick was platted in 1902. Chandler, Oklahoma and Stroud, Oklahoma were nearby railroad points. The Parkland Telephone company was organized and built telephone lines from Chandler to Stroud, linking them with Parkland and Cushing, Oklahoma. Later these lines were purchased by the Arkansas Valley Telephone Company.