Latitude / Longitude:
44° 17′ 49″ N, 103° 47′ 5″ W
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Englewood is an unincorporated community in Lawrence County, in the U.S. state of South Dakota.
Englewood was established as Ten-Mile Ranch, a stagecoach stop in the late 1870s. The name was changed when Englewood became a railroad center with the construction of the Spearfish branch leading from there in 1893. A roundhouse, depot, water tower and small yard made Englewood a bustling railroad spot for many years. A post office called Englewood was established in 1892, and remained in operation until 1943. The community most likely was named after Englewood, Chicago.