Latitude / Longitude:
30° 40′ 15″ N, 96° 19′ 29″ W
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Boonville was the first county seat of Brazos County, Texas, now a ghost town.
Boonville was the county seat in Brazos County (formerly known as Navasota County) in from the 1840s to the 1860s. Boonville was named in honor of Mordecai Boon, Sr., nephew of Daniel Boone. When the Houston and Texas Central Railway was extended from Millican to Bryan in 1866, Bryan was made the county seat.
The former town site is now located in Bryan near State Highway 6. Since the 1990s, a cemetery on Boonville Road has been the last remaining structure associated with Boonville. It is marked by a Texas Centennial monument.