Latitude / Longitude:
325 ft (99 m)
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Osage is a ghost town in northwestern Colorado County in the U.S. state of Texas. The one-time settlement was situated on Harvey Creek near the junction of County Roads 205 and 208 a few miles to the northeast of Weimar. At the time of the American Civil War, the community was substantial enough to provide a company of soldiers to a Texas regiment in the Confederate States Army. A notable school flourished in Osage starting in the 1870s, but in that decade the railroad was built through Weimar instead. By 1900 the local commercial establishments had moved to Weimar and the town faded out of existence. In 2013 the area was sparsely settled.
The Geographic Names Information System (GNIS) places the Osage Cemetery at 29°44’28″N 96°42’54″W which is near the intersection of County Roads 205 and 208 in Colorado County. This location is 6.2 miles (10.0 km) northeast of the center of Weimar via FM 155 and County Roads 202, 204, 201 and 208. The Colorado River flows a few miles to the north and east. The only other landmarks in the area are the Old Osage Cemetery a few hundred yards to the northeast of the Osage Cemetery and the Adkins Cemetery on County Road 201.