Latitude / Longitude:
551 ft (168 m)
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Parris, Texas is a community that once existed just south of Melissa in central Collin County near the banks of the East Fork of the Trinity River.
In 1859 Thaddeus Parris, a Mexican–American War veteran for whom the community was named built an ox-turned Gristmill at this location. This attracted settlers of the area during the next decade and until sometime in the late nineteenth or early twentieth century Parris remained a community center for area farmers.