Latitude / Longitude:
640 ft (195 m)
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Tehuacana is a town near the Tehuacana Hills in Limestone County, Texas, United States. From 1869 until 1902, the town was home to Trinity University.
A post office called Tewockony Springs was established in what is now known as Tehuacana in 1847. It was named for the Tawakoni Indians, who lived in the area until the late 1840s. In 1850, the town came in second in an election held to decide the new Texas state capitol, which Austin ultimately won. When Tehuacana Academy opened in 1852, the community was known as Tehuacana Hills, though the post office continued to be called after the springs. The post office was discontinued during the Civil War, but service resumed in 1869, at which time the name of the office was changed to Tehuacana.
The population was 283 at the 2010 census.