Latitude / Longitude:
39°19′17″N 77°44′21″W / 39.3214898°N 77.7391595°W / 39.3214898
Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
Virginius Island is an island on the Shenandoah River in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. The island is formed by the Shenandoah Canal, constructed by the Patowmack Company between 1806 and 1807, which separates it from the town of Harpers Ferry.
Virginius Island was once its own thriving industrial town on the Shenandoah River in the nineteenth century. Today, its mills, foundries, factories, warehouses, and homes remain in ruins and are available for walking tours.
Virginius Island is part of the Harpers Ferry National Historical Park.