Latitude / Longitude:
45°54′35″N 90°33′06″W / 45.90972°N 90.55167°W / 45.90972
1,499 ft (457 m)
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Kaiser is a ghost town in Price County, Wisconsin, United States. Kaiser was located in the town of Lake along the current route of the Tuscobia State Trail, 5 miles (8.0 km) west-southwest of Park Falls. The town was marked on USGS maps as late as 1941.
The village of Kaiser was platted by, and named after Arnold E. Kaiser in 1911. Mr. Kaiser was a logger and civic leader from nearby Park Falls. Farmland near the area of Kaiser had been settled as early as 1881. John Stehwein homesteaded 160 acres of land along County Road E, an area which became known as “Kaiser’s Corner”. C.M. Gardner, another early settler, was the namesake of nearby Gardner Lake.
A number of homes, a post office, school, and general store were all built in the vicinity of the sawmill and the “Kaiser’s Corner” spot. This was the real Kaiser community, and not the streets and lots that were laid out by Mr. Kaiser. The big plans of Mr. Kaiser, of a large populated community, remained a dream that never materialized.
Walter Loomer built a small country store in October 1901. The store, a Post Office, and a one-room school were already open when the plat for the village was laid out.