Latitude / Longitude:
32° 57′ 26 N, 110° 21′ 18 W
Mountain (NO DST) (UTC-7)
Aravaipa, formerly Dunlap, a former populated place, on Arizona Gulch, a tributary of Deer Creek, tributary to Aravaipa Creek north of Klondyke in Graham County, Arizona. Aravaipa lies at an elevation of 4596 feet.
Originally a ranch headquarters, named Dunlap after Burt Dunlap, the local rancher who established it in 1882. Burt Dunlap was the postmaster of the post office from 1883 until 1892. He also served several terms in the territorial legislature. When it was found there was already a post office with the same name, the Post office and town was renamed after the local Aravaipa Apache. In 1893 the post office was closed.
Aravaipa, a mining and ranching town, boasted a school, store, and a pool hall. Today there are a few buildings and outhouses left.