Latitude / Longitude:
34°11′48″N 112°21′21″W / 34.19667°N 112.35583°W / 34.19667
6,358 ft (1,938 m)
Mountain (NO DST) (UTC-7)
Bradshaw City is a ghost town in Yavapai County, Arizona It served as a mining camp from its founding in 1863 until the late 1880s. “Bradshaw City” is the namesake of its founder, William D. Bradshaw.
By the end of 1871, miners and prospectors began to move away from Tiger Mine to find work elsewhere. By the 1880s the Tiger mine had played out and Bradshaw city faded. Today, a few foundations and a forest service sign mark the spot where Bradshaw City once stood.
William D. Bradshaw founded Bradshaw City as a mining camp in 1863 after prospectors working on the northwest slope of Mount Wasson discovered gold. The camp began as a loose collection of tents which were soon replaced with hundreds of buildings including dance halls, restaurants, saloons, and hotels as the population inflated to around 5000 people. The town supported the Tiger Mine, situated a short distance from the “Central #26: Crown King Back-road” which serviced the area at the time.