Latitude / Longitude:
34°46′43″N 113°47′40″W / 34.77861°N 113.79444°W / 34.77861
4,459 ft (1,359 m)
Mountain (NO DST) (UTC-7)
Cedar was a gold, silver and copper mining town in Mohave County, Arizona. It was founded around 1875 on the east slope of the Hualapai Mountains, sixty miles southeast of Kingman.
A post office was established on September 24, 1895 and closed on July 31, 1911. In addition to the post office there were two saloons, and a general store with several homes.
September 24, 1895
July 31, 1911
In 1907 the Cedar Valley Gold & Silver Company along with the Yucca Cyanide Mining & Milling Company reported that about 200 people lived in the town, within a decade later the site was abandoned.
A half mile area inside Cedar Valley is littered with stone ruins and foundations of the mining buildings.