Latitude / Longitude:
34°47′12″N 112°25′46″W / 34.78667°N 112.42944°W / 34.78667
Mountain (NO DST) (UTC-7)
Jerome Junction is a ghost town in Yavapai County, Arizona, United States. Established in 1894, the community served as a railroad transfer stop between the town of Prescott and the town of Jerome. It served as a transfer point between the Santa Fe, Prescott and Phoenix Railway (SFP&P) and the narrow-gauge United Verde & Pacific Railway for 25 years.
The narrow-gauge line was built precariously on the side of Woodchute Mountain by William A. Clark after he bought the United Verde Copper Company. When it was replaced by standard-gauge line on the east side of the mountain from Jerome to Clarkdale in 1920
Jerome Junction became a ghost town, and in 1923, the activities of the former town were absorbed by Chino Valley.