Latitude / Longitude:
34°09′18″N 112°42′25″W / 34.15500°N 112.70694°W / 34.15500 -112.70694
Mountain (NO DST) (UTC-7)
The town of Weaverville was established shortly after the discovery of placer gold deposits on nearby Rich Hill in May 1863. The town was named after mountain man Pauline Weaver, who worked as a guide for the group of prospectors who made the discovery. The gold was discovered by a member of the party while chasing a stray donkey.
Weaver, or Weaverville, is a former gold mining town, now a deserted ghost town, in Yavapai County, Arizona. All that remains are some rusting mining machinery, a partially restored cemetery, and the ruins of a stone house.
A post office was established at Weaver on May 26, 1899, but remained less than a year before it moved to nearby Octave on April 19, 1900.