Latitude / Longitude:
37°59′48″N 120°41′08″W / 37.99667°N 120.68556°W / 37.99667 -120.68556
971 ft (296 m)
Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)
Hodson is a former settlement in Calaveras County, California. It lay at an elevation of 971 ft (296 m), 2.5 miles (4.0 km) west-northwest of Copperopolis. A post office operated at Hodson from 1898 to 1906, and again from 1915 to 1917. The town was named in honor of J.J. Hodson, a copper mining financier.