Latitude / Longitude:
37°24′03″N 118°20′44″W / 37.40083°N 118.34556°W / 37.40083
4,117 ft (1,255 m)
Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)
Owensville (also, Glen Mary) is a former settlement in Inyo County, California. It was located west of the future site of the modern-day town of Laws. Owensville was started as a mining camp in 1863.
A post office operated at Owensville from 1866 to 1870, when it was transferred to Bishop (then called Bishop Creek). From 1868 to 1869, the town was called Glen Mary. The site is now registered as California Historical Landmark #230 as the “First Permanent White Habitation in Owens Valley”.
By 1871 it had been abandoned.