Latitude / Longitude:
43° 21′ 12″ N, 87° 53′ 53″ W
Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
Grafton is a town in Ozaukee, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 4,132 at the 2000 census. The Town of Grafton is located about 20 miles north of downtown Milwaukee on the shore of Lake Michigan. It is east of the village of Grafton and the Town of Cedarburg, south of the Town of Port Washington, and north of the city of Mequon. The unincorporated communities of Lakefield, and Ulao are located in the town.
Historically, one of the more important settlements was the community of Ulao, Wisconsin. It was located at the eastern end of the road which became State Highway 60. The Town of Grafton was the site of Camp Hindenburg, owned and operated by the pro-Nazi German American Bund from the late 1930s through the outbreak of World War Two. In 1940, Camp Carl Schurz, operated by the anti-Bund Wisconsin Federation of German-American Societies, was opened a mile away.