Latitude / Longitude:
36° 0′ 24″ N, 97° 15′ 52″ W
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Clarkson was a small community located north of the Cimarron River in Payne County, Oklahoma Territory. Founded by Dunkers (Church of the Brethren), the post office opened January 31, 1890, with Grant T. Johnson as the postmaster. The post office closed February 28, 1903. On January 3, 1894, members of the Doolin Gang held up the community store and post office taking supplies, tobacco, cash, and registered mail.
The only remaining trace of the community is the cemetery.