Corwin Tippecanoe County
Latitude / Longitude:
40°15′5″N 86°54′52″W / 40.25139°N 86.91444°W / 40.25139
735 ft (224 m)
Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)
Corwin was a small town, now extinct, in Randolph Township, Tippecanoe County, in the U.S. state of Indiana.
Corwin was laid out by Cyrus Foltz in 1856 and consisted of seven lots near the rail line which ran south out of Lafayette. The town never flourished, though, and was eclipsed by nearby Romney. Later maps sometimes cite the town as Corwin Station.
A post office was established at Corwin in 1854, but was discontinued in that same year. As of 9/19/2016 – The old grain silo has been removed. It appears on the Bing! map which is of an unknown date, however the Google map shows it has been demolished.