Latitude / Longitude:
Central (CST) (UTC-6)
Hinkletown was founded in 1858 by Harmon Hinkle who moved from Richmond Iowa.
By 1863 there was a post office, a black smith shop, a schoolhouse, and two lodges. In 1872 the rail road bypassed the town to the south and many residents moved to the new town of Keota Iowa. Then in 1879 a rail road bypassed Hinkletown despite the argument of the towns people to bring it to Hinkletown.
The remaining residents soon moved to Kinross Iowa, Parnell Iowa, and Green valley. At one time Hinkletown was called Foote